So its 11:30ish and I dont think I'll be able to fall asleep anytime soon. I'm gonna fill this entry with my random opinion on random things, I hope its not too boring for my readers.
Drinking: Ephesians 5:18 says "Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you." (new living translation) Getting drunk on alcohol only gives you a temporary high (like i would know haha) but when we are filled with the Holy Spirit we are filled longer lasting joy, helps cure our depression or tension. I honestly dont understand the point of drinking until you're "wasted," working with lifeguards all summer who have parties every week, I've heard several stories about people not remembering what happened because they were drunk. Why?!?! Yes please poor a bunch of random liquids down my throat so i can feel good for a couple hours but feel like i wanna die the next morning. I have much more fun with Mountain Dew, that way i can act like a freak and remember it the next day and not feel sick at all!! Ok enough about that.
Dating: A lot of people think college is a great time to date as many people as you can. Whats the point of that? I think college is a great time for us to meet as many people as possible and build those relationships; spending that time becoming the person God wants us to be. If marriage is not in the picture then why get emotionally attached to someone. Our hearts weren't made for breaking over and over. I'm glad i've never been in a serious relationship, i've never had to go through a major break up. A break up yes...but I saw that coming before it happened and it was the right thing. I learned from that experience. I also think that before "dating" someone you should be pretty good friends before hand, that way you know what kind of person they are and whether they are "marriage material." Good song from Barlow Girl: "So what I'm not your average girl I don't meet the standards of this world Chasing after boys is not my thing See I'm waiting for a wedding ring"
Boys: Goes in well after dating I think. hehe. Not a lot to say here I guess kinda covered a lot in the above section. I think that boys are stupid and smell really bad. Ok just kidding. Came up with a small list of things I'm looking for: 1) Must love God above everything else
2) Must be living life for God 3) He's gotta love me of course 4) Hes gotta like skim milk there will be no whole milk in my house (haha jk had to put that in for Eric) 5) Gotta be able to make me laugh a lot and frequently ... enough for now. Boys are a confusing species but we cant live without them. :)
God: He's an awesome guy! Isnt it cool to think that when we pray all of heaven says "shhhh! Heather is praying!" hehe God hears every single little prayer no matter how small it may seem to us. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." -Phillipians 4:6 He sent his son Jesus to take the burden of ALL of our sins, if you really think about that...thats a lot of sins, thats a lot of burden for one man to take. And because of this believers who repent of those sins and love God more than anything, we have a chance to spend eternity with Him in paradise!! The Holy Spirit guides us with everything "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -John 14:26-27 Yay God! :)
Walks: Heather has recently discovered the joy in walking. Pop on my headphones with some awesome worship music, leash up the dog and off i go. I do my best thinking and praying on my daily walks. I've even caught myself walking with my eyes closed, luckily my puppy keeps me from walking into the street, instead he walks me into a tree that he decided to pee on. haha. When i'm not praying, thinking, or yanking the dog away from the flowers (he seems to like to pee on those the most) I take notice of all that God has created. Like today i saw a pretty butterfly; so peaceful.
Ok well this has gotten way too long, and its now 12:36am. I got a little distracted loooking up verses, fun stuff! Hmmm...still not tired. Interesting. Oh well. School starts way too soon. I pray that i can keep this overflowing love and joy for God as i venture to winona; gotta keep trusting and living for HIM and life will be great!! Comments are always way cool so do it! I love you all and God bless!
2 comments:
Good posts. but whole milk is the bomb diggity if you didnt know that im telling you now. On and i usually deal with 2% so there.
~Boy
Ok so it might be possible to buy 2 kinds of milk...oh and I am shocked and alarmed to see a comment from Boy! :)
Post a Comment