Sunday, November 13, 2005

Welcome to my world.

Thought i would give a little summary of the last week or so.

Monday: Class from 8-12. In sign language we got to sign the Watermelon Song. We all looked super cool im sure. Casey was laughing at me in the hallway, but she did not now at the time that she too would be experiencing the Watermelon Song. Lizz and i had great fun walking through campus singing that song. Worked with the children until about 5:00 where we had an intense game of color tag. Later that night Ellie and Valerie came over we made a trip to Wally to gather supplies then came back to my place to make stress balls and prepare our lesson. (who would have thunk that making stress balls could be stressful)
Tuesday: Group fun from 9-11 then class until 12:20. Afterwards the girls and i raced off to teach our Stress Management lesson to the highschoolers. It went well, the boys were very easily distracted. We had some random conversations, it was fun but didnt exactly stay on the topic. Oh well, they had fun making stress balls. But then they were like the people at school will probably think we're hiding drugs in here. haha oops. Raced off to work with no lunch and returned to the apartment for studying and food. I missed a good speaker at IV, sadness. Oh and i found out that i have to miss IV every week next semester!! Double sadness.
Wednesday: Class...blah. Took a test in first aid and turned in a paper in another class. At work i successfuly stood on one foot for 15 minutes. My leg started to go numb and could have gone longer but noooo..Casey made me go to school to meet with my advisor. haha Just playing girl. After that we signed up for our apartment for next year. Yip Yip. Hopefully my last time doing that.
Thursday: Group and class 9-12:20. Where i learned a basket hold. Haha. We learn how to beat eachother up in that class. Raced off to the middle school right after to meet with someone at the middle school. Raced back to the apartment to shove down some carrots and milk then raced off to work for an enjoyable time. Crying children, bloody lips, missing children, (we found them) and staying 15 minutes late waiting for a mom to show up. (almost had to call the police yikes) I collapsed when i got home....long crazy week! Dinner with the roomies and movie with the Brianna. Oh and stayed up till like 2am learning about stuff in the Bible.
Friday: No school!!! Slept in, lunch with the roomies and a great time driving home while jamming to Veggie Tales!! Haha i was laughing to myself like the whole way. Hung out around the house with the family most of the afternoon. Went to a youth thing at Erics church. Good times were had. The worship was great and Eric did a good job in his skit and song leading. hehe Afterwards Eric bought me a rootbeer float because i was moneyless. I then played Go Fish, Uno and random other games with the little children. I fit right in with them. Eric was busy playing boring chess anyways sheesh.
Saturday: Taught swim lessons as usual, good times. Took my much needed hot shower/bath to thaw myself after 4 hours of shivering. Mommy made me lunch then i passed out and took a much needed nap. Those little fishies take the energy right out of ya. Went shopping with the family and after like a billion stores i finally found something to wear to my cousins wedding in a couple weeks! Dinner at TGIFridays and games and movie with family units.
Sunday: CHURCH DAY! YAY! Our God is an awesome God! Leave comments if you read this so i know who reads it! I might have to close down the blog if there is a lack of readers. hehe Bye all!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

I like how I am referred to as "the Brianna" haha, I like it. I didn't know you have to miss IV next semester, I am bummed for you cuz I know how much you look forward to going! Please don't shut down your blog. I read it!!!

Jackie said...

I like rootbeer :)

Anonymous said...

I read! You know I do :) I love the photos!