Saturday, December 08, 2007

Long time no Blog!

Sorry for my lack of blogging the last few months, life is crazy and it is beginning to slow down a tiny bit. Student teaching is finished on Wednesday this week and I don't know what I will do with myself! I am so used to getting up at the same time and arriving at school and seeing all the same kids and teachers everyday. I am in a comfortable routine and I don't want to stop! My After School Academy paraprofessional job will continue at the same school until the end of April so thankfully I will still see a lot of the kids I work with. I work with first graders after school (quite a contrast from the 4th and 5th graders thats for sure) I go from having normal conversations and more "older" kid obnoxiousness to "little" kid obnoxiousness. I have to help them get all their winter stuff on, make sure they have all there things because they usually just throw everything when they get into the classroom. I ride the bus with 5 of them afterwards on the way home and our little group has a special bond. We talk about everything in that half hour bus ride. And lately a few of them fall asleep and they are so cute and peaceful when they sleep, I feel bad waking them up but I gotta and they are little sleepy zombies getting of the bus. Its so amazing how serious they can get playing the "quiet game" its actually just my way to get them to be quiet and they get all into it. I gave away candy to them on Thursday as prizes.

I think it was Tuesday when we got the 4 inches of snow, I was on the bus for over an hour and ended up getting home at about 7 when I usually get home at 6. Yikes, that was a long day. 8:00am to 7:00pm and only 3 of it was paid time!

Eric and I signed the lease on our apartment today, we got the keys and officially stepped into "our" apartment this afternoon. It was a special moment. haha. I wont be living there until March but we'll be moving stuff in and organizing stuff before then. Eric and his roommate will move in a couple weeks to keep it occupied.

I graduate next Friday and I'm not as excited as I thought I would be. Real life begins now. Ugh. I applied for a "Short Call Substitue Teacher License" yesterday which will allow me to sub teach any grade and any subject for 2 years. This way I can teach before I actually get my license and will give me time to look for a job. Yay for money!

My parents and I were just over at my grandpa's for a couple hours decorating his house for Christmas and helping him with all his Christmas cards. My mom typed it up for him while I folded the letters and stuffed the envelopes. Sounds like he wants to take us out to McDondalds for supper so we'll probably do that soon. I saw Eric for an hour while we did the lease thing at noon but he went back to work at Hyvee so I haven't seen him since then. He is busy earning money for his future wife! hehe. Well folks I hope all is well and I hope you havent given up completely on checking my blog. Hopefully see you all soon!! Stay warm!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I about choked when I saw that you updated heather. It was a good update and Now I know what's going on in your life...kind of :)

Time's a-flying isnt it, wont be long now and you'll be all married and stuff.

Brianna said...

I about choked too! Nice update! You're almost done, that's cool. I didn't know Eric went back to Hy-Vee, does he have 2 jobs now? Congrats on the place to live, very nice. I'll have to see it some time. Hope to see you soon. You're were'nt at the mall today???