Monday, October 27, 2008

Its a rather blustery day

Hello friends,

Ok I totally just sounded like a first grade teacher...aaahhh. I have been subbing first grade a lot lately and I work with the first graders at Elton Hills 4 days a week after school. A lot of first grade teachers seem to get me in the habit of calling everyone in the class "friends." "Hello friends how are you doing today?" "Friends, please line up against the lockers." "Friends have a seat on the carpet please." I annoy myself when I say it haha.

Well this last week was a crazy one I subbed 4 full days and one half day, plus I work after school until 5:30 Monday-Thursday. I am suprised I got up everyday after being exhausted the night before. Let's just say there was a lot of praying for strength last week. So far this week I only have one full day and one half day subbing. And lucky me, I was requested to sub on Friday which just happens to be Halloween. It shall be an interesing day...a sub in a class with 2nd and 3rd graders on Halloween. (oh and any other Friday I sub is usally crazy, but lets just put Halloween on a Friday and see how fun that will be)

This weekend was fun as usual, Eric and I actually got to see each other and not be exhausted for more than a few hours. We are currently in the process of looking for a house so we spent a lot of time looking around at houses. Our lease is up on our apartment in a month and rent is going up $50 a month so we decided it would be better to own something and chances are our monthly payments will be cheaper than our rent. Since we haven't been saving up for very long our house budget is kind of limited which means most of the houses we can afford are pretty small and probably need some work on them. But we don't mind some painting or fixing up, besides it will be great to be able to choose how our home looks rather than the blah carpet and white walls of our apartment. We also went with my parents to look for pumpkins on Saturday and that was fun because it was a beautiful day! Sunday was so windy and cold I cried every time I got back in the car. Church was great we had a lunch thing at church and had 2 babies dedicated. (thats 4 babies in the last month!) That night we had NitroGEN our youth thing, which was great. I was even the narrator in one of the skits, which was about Shadrach, Meshach and Abendego being thrown into a furnace and being saved because of their trust in God. Our theme last night was "Going through the fire" which went along great with the skit. (Eric is in charge of organizing the skits by the way, so I'm like the co-director) The message was about putting on the full armor of God and trusting Him through every "fire" or problem that comes your way. Pretty sweet.

Well it is serisouly time for me to stop sitting at my computer and take advantage of this time at home so I can get things done!! Take care everyone and remember with God's help you can make it through the fire. :)

5 comments:

Brianna said...

I know, it shouldn't be this cold, poo! I think you'll have a ton of fun subbing on Halloween! fun fun. Do they still parade around the school in costumes, that's what we did, heehee. Oh fun, a house, tell me when you pick one1

Heather said...

Yes they still parade around the school, its now called a "Fall Festival Parade" instead of a Halloween parade. It's fun watching all the cute costumes.

Katybug19 said...

I sent you a facebook message... check it!

Jackie said...

Always enjoy your updates..."Friend"

Casey said...

I am not polite with my students any more...it is BOYS and GIRLS sit down NOW! hehehe...thankfully we do not have school this week on Thursday and Friday...so today is our friday...but no haloween party from me...I have one who doesn't celebrate. But, I do have to conduct conferences on the two days there is no school...

Oh and our weather gets up to 77 during the day!!!! But we do get chilly at night...around 35!

Take care...friend! hehehe