Friday, December 17, 2004

A month of freedom!

So the semester is finally over! I made it through my first semester at a new school, in a new town and living on my own (well with 3 awesomely cool roomies). I've made some awesome friends and grown closer to others. Thank you God for all you have blessed me with these last few months! Last week was mainly spent studying for finals, like a lot of other college students im sure. I didnt get much sleep and had 8:00 finals everyday, not the easiest thing to do. I think they all went pretty well, a little worried about the math one; so we'll see how that one turns out.
So im watching Oprah right now and its some kind of tribute to teachers episode because the whole audience is teachers. My dad is in here making fun of the audience for freaking out every 2 seconds. Oprah is giving them like everything under the sun. How is it possible that the whole audience can get plasma TVs and lap tops?! I want one! Anyways.. Speaking of teachers... I'm gonna be one someday!! Im so excited. My job at Key Kids is so much fun, helping the kids with homework and reading to them everday is so rewarding. There are times where i have to be the bad guy and yell at them; it might be hard for some of you to picture that but you gotta do waht you gotta do. I work with some awesomely cool people. Jay is super cool, hes involved in Intervarsity like me, always fun to see him there. Tom is a funny guy, i personly like his smiley face shirt. Yesterday was Teresa's last day so that was really sad, we will miss her. I'm gonna miss all the kids and staff over break. Tear.
I watched "A Cinderella Story" with Brianna Wednesday night, great movie. Went to my brothers swim meet in Winona last night with my parents, he did awesome for only being in swimming for a few weeks. Apparently the guys were talking about me over there on the pool deck. Nice. One of those guys asked me to go to Buffalo Wild Wings last year; I turned him down. I thought it was funny how they told my brother this. I went to Erics last night as an end of the semester party. We watched "Prince and Me" and he played a little guitar for me. I decided that hes gonna teach me how to play. hehe. Im going to a Christmas Musical thing at my friends church tonight, that should be fun. Not quite sure what im gonna do with myself the rest of the weekend. Oh well. This is gettin really long so im gonna stop here. Hope everyone survived finals and hope to see you all soon!!!! God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that school is going so well. But don't watch Oprah, read poety:

http://www.anonymouspoet.blogspot.com/

Brianna said...

Heather, I am thrilled that you updated your blog...wow...I'm in awe. You shall make an awesome teacher someday my child...and I will get Oprah to send you a TV and brand new lap top. I will tell her you live in the gutter and eat bird eggs out of nests to survive...she will feel bad..and bring you on the show! yay! When you are bored...c'mon over girl!
PS: I have to tell you about my new VPSEs