Monday, June 13, 2005
Todays thoughts...
So i thought i would share with the blog world my recent insights or thoughts and other such things that have been on my mind and in my heart. I recently started reading the book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris; so far it is an awesome book, every chance i get that book is in my hands. The chapter I am currently reading is called The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing. I'm gonna share a little portion of the chapter that i thought was cool: "God gives an outline for the proper attitude toward singleness in 1 corinthinas 7:32. The Message translation reads: 'I want you to live as free of complications as possible. When you're unmarried, you're free to concentrate on simply pleasing the Master. Marriage involves you in the nuts and bolts of domestic life and in wanting to please your spouse, leading to so many more demands on your attention. The time and energy that married people spend on caring for and nurturing each other, the unmarried can spend in becoming...holy instruments of God.' Paul doesnt say this to put down marriage. He says it to encourage us to view singleness as a gift. God doesnt use our singleness to punish us. He has created this season as an unparalleled opportunity for undistracted devotion to God. And as time for growth and service that we shouldnt take for granted or allow to slip by." The chapter goes on to talk about trusting God's timing: "Waiting for God's timing requires trusting in His goodness and wisdom. We develop patience as we trust that God denies us what we think is good only because He has something better for us-both now and in the future." I'm sure you're all thinking, where is she going with this... well i dont really know kinda just typing whatever comes out. Within the last year or so i've kinda struggled with the whole single thing and waiting for God's timing. With many of my friends in serious relationships and thoughts of marriage, its not easy to patiently wait for His timing. But i've realized that there are just as many friends that are in the same singleness that i have been in forever. And that looking for "the perfect match" is a waste of my time and energy because it will happen when i least expect it and it will be better than i could have hoped for because God is awesomely cool. hehe. I also read in this book that friendship should always come before relationship... i learned that the hard way a couple years ago (wow i cant believe that was almost 2 years ago!) Just because we both like each other doesnt mean we should quick jump into a relationship, most of you know the outcome of that story. Not long after that God placed another of the male species into my life... My friendship with Boy has made me realize that being friends before jumping into a relationship is way better because we had so many things to work through and discuss, and thankfully that happened before we decided that it wouldnt work out in a relationship and would be better to stay just friends. Anyways..i'm getting a little carried away and i'll probably regret posting this because its just a bunch of my ramblings that no one wants or need to know! But yeah. God is GREAT and from the latest Kutless CD: Lord, take my heart away with Your love And I, am willing to put my faith in Your plan. Come and take my life, make my soul refreshed in truth now. I am ready for You.... Whatever it takes, i'm needing to make Your will be done and i'm letting go of my control for i see what you've done in me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your attitude on the whole singleness thing right now is perfect. That's the same attitude I had a while back. I figured God would work it out if he wanted to so I'd just sit back. I didn't see Chris coming, and once I did, God taught me a lot about Himself while He had me wait to date Chris for a whole long year after I became friends with him. You're so right about being friends first, it really works quite well that way. Some guy will be lucky to meet you my dear! I meeeannn, I would do it. muahaha, sorry, way outta context. Love ya!
Post a Comment