Sunday, October 16, 2005

I love Jesus!

The wallpaper on my computer today says:
"The righteous cry out and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles."
-Psalm 34:17
I wanted to put the picture that it has on there as well but its not working but its of a man with his head in his hands in an empty room. No matter where I am or what I'm going through God is there hearing my prayers, helping me through everything. Pretty sure life would smell badly if I was walking through this world alone. Last week was zero fun with little social time and lots of schooling and working, this next week isnt gonna be much better. I try my best to pray throughout my tough days to keep my spirits up. Intervaristy in the middle of the week is so refreshing, forgetting about the piles of homework for a couple hours. I dont care how much i have to do, it can wait. I went to a youth service at Erics church Friday night, so great to end the week with that. Praising the God who gives me life and the savior who died for my sins. I almost didnt go because i was sickly, like naseous and headache. Eric was super excited about it so i didnt want to miss it. As soon as it started and we started singing, i was fine minus the itchy throat. By the end i didnt really have a voice cause i was singing so loud. All the stress of the week was gone, i pray that peace stays with me this week.

I was listening to an interview with Barlow Girl yesterday on the radio and they were talking about love and dating. They said somethings that i liked, until we find the guy we are going to marry our family and Gods love gives us the comfort that we need. I've decided not to date unless i know that person has the possibility of being "the one." Being friends first gives us a chance to act ourselves without the pressure of dating. Our hearts were'nt meant to be broken over and over. Gonna end this with one of their songs called 'Porcelain Heart':

Broken heart one more time
Pick yourself up, why even cry
Broken pieces in your hands
Wonder how you'll make it whole

[Chorus:]You know, you pray
This can't be the way
You cry, you say Something's gotta change
And mend this porcelain heart of mine

Someone said "A broken heart
Would sting at first then make you stronger"
You wonder why this pain remains
Were hearts made whole just to break

Creator only You take brokenness
And create it into beauty once again

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you today heather :)

Anonymous said...

HJ,
I'm off for four days! Other than vacations somtimes I don't think I'm ever realy off from my jobs(cell phone and pagers follow me everywhere). Today I feel OFF. So, I of course put you at the top of my list. You are such an inspiring lady! Your family smiles when we think of you, but I know that God smiles one of those big Garfield smiles.
Also, you can be garenteed that the Lord Jesus and I talk about you and your career every day, His plan is a great one, we just need to sit back, keep doing his will, and wait for the next verse in your "Life Song".
XO,
Believe it or not...
Dad

Heather said...

Yay Daddy commented!! :-D

Heather said...

Who is this Lazy Gnome person!?