The rest of the week was spent studying, test taking and working. Not a lot of fun. Brianna permed my hair on Monday and most of the curls are still in so thats exciting. Im guessing it wont last very much longer though because my hair doesnt like being curled for some reason. All my tests went well. Three of my five grades are posted already and so far i have 4.0! Wahoo, pretty sure it wont stay that way though. Casey and I helped Ellie move all her stuff out, kinda sad that she wont be there when we get back. We are gonna have some strange person moving in sometime. Sad.
Well I cant think of anything else exciting to write about. But i would like to remind everyone about the meaning of Christmas. No its not "Happy Holidays" its "Merry CHRISTmas" Because God sent his son to this world as the best gift we will ever recieve. Christmas is a time to share the joy of this gift with everyone, people are more open to the story of Jesus' birth this time of year so if God puts the opportunity in front of you; do it, share the joy! It is also the time of year that many people are lonely. So many Christmas love movies and songs, people without families, without homes. Jesus has his arms open wide waiting for us to run to him for comfort and strength. So even though Im home alone on this Friday night and have never had a special someone to share the season with, oh well. God is with me and hes not going anywhere. woot woot! Ok im rambling... In conclusion: Christmas isnt about the cookies, the presents, shopping; its about the birth of Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.
Here are some pics of the last week or so. Enjoy.
Casey's bottom was cold. The oven was still warm. Smart girl. hehe

The lovely children i work with. Along with the always entertaining Kris and Brad.

Head banging. Too much studying makes you do weird things like take pictures of yourself. Especially when no one else is around to keep me from going insane.

1:00am. Night before last final. Too much Mt. Dew and chocolate ice cream to sleep. Once again, no one around to keep me entertained so i take more pictures of myself. Notice the curls; 3 days after the perm.
3 comments:
I like your curls Heather. Congratulations on another semester behind you.
Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family
Well, since you said if I read I have to comment, here's my comment!
Good post. I agree, this season, especially this year, is lonely. This will be my first Christmas (yes, I said CHRISTMAS people!) spent alone, away from family. I won't be going home for Christmas for the first time in 21 years that I've been alive. It is sad, yes, but I know that Christ is the reason for the season, and I will be celebrating His birth and the amazing things He's done in my life!
I see you like to work with kids, that's awesome, me too! I work more with youth though, I coach a drama group at my church for high school kids. You can ask Jess about that sometime, she's seen me go through a lot with those kids lol.
Anyway, take care, I hope you have a blessed day!
In Him,
JD
Hey you, I haven't checked blogs in a while! I miss you! I like your pictures and I'm glad your curls are in. I take pictures of myself too, when I'm going insane. hehehehehahmuaaha
Post a Comment