Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A special someones birthday celebration


Sunday was Eric's 22nd birthday, so i thought perhaps an update would be good. Its fun being the same age as him for a whole 3 weeks hehe. The day started with Eric coming to pick me up with the church bus we then drove around and picked up a few more people and then were headed off to church. This was a special treat because I never go to church with Eric in the mornings. I wish my family and Eric and I could all go to church together every week, then it would be perfect.


After church Eric got to choose where he wanted to eat for lunch and he chose to go to the mall to eat with a bunch of friends from church. While we were there I got to see my lovely friend Mrs. Lewis, always good to see her and her family there. We then went to my house to visit with my famiy and open a few presents. Then we sang happy birthday in our usual "special" way and watched Eric blow out the candles. Its great having Eric involved with our family traditions like birthdays. Oh and I made Erics cake and decorated it as well, that was fun and I'm sure Eric loved having his very own birthday cake! We then played in the back yard for awhile then headed off to Savers to do some browsing. Its fun finding, nice clothes that fit for such a low price. I'm poor so I cant really afford to buy new clothes, so slightly used clothes will have to do. No one can tell the difference anyhoo. Afterwards we went back to his apartment and relaxed for a little while before it was time for choir practice.


I've only sang in the choir like twice (not counting when i was a kid) and since I promised Eric I would spend all day with him, I was going to choir practice. As we're getting in the car I say "I hope we dont sing a Spanish song, I cant speak Spanish" And guess what, it was a Spanish/English song. So Eric had fun teaching me to sing in Spanish. It was a great song and I eventually got the words down. Oh and I'm a soprano apparently. We ended up not singing that song at the service but they will be singing it Sunday morning. I wont be there because my brother has a graduation thing at church that morning as well. The service was great and I love sitting with my fiance' now. We decided that we were going to sit with our friends until we got engaged. The guys sit on the left side and the girls on the right, kinda funny actually. But its good because then theres less of distraction. Eric's friend from work sat with us that night as well, he came to Nitrogen night last time and loved it so Eric made his schedule so that he could come Sunday nights.


Afterwards we went drove home a friend and then went to Roscoes for some food. We relaxed for a couple hours after that before it was time to go home. Sadness. It was a great day!! Went by way to fast though. And now I am here in Winona being lonely, sigh. I teach a health lesson to 3rd graders tomorrow, I should go over that once more. Ok well I'll add a couple pictures but I'm sure you've all seen them. Take care everyone and dont forget about me! :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday Eric!

Brianna said...

Glad you had a fun day with your fiance!