Friday, May 18, 2007

a Story plus pictures.

A story:

One Thursday night, Heather was laying comfortably on the couch watching Cirque du Solei on the television. Her fiance' Eric sitting nearby playing on his computer. All of a sudden "bang, bang, bang" comes from outside through the open window. Heather says, "I hope those were fireworks." Eric says, "what else would it be?" "Gun shots?" Heather replies. She lays there listening for any more sounds that may tell her what made the noise. Soon after sirens drive by, sounding as if they are stopping nearby. Heather, as curious as she is, gets up and attempts to look out the window, in hopes of seeing where the sirens were going. No luck. Eric says, "you're worrying too much." Heather returns to the couch still wondering what those bangs were and where the sirens were headed. She slowly forgets about it and falls asleep on the couch. A little while later its time for her to leave for home, a little hesitant about walking outside in the darkness. With an "I love you" a squeeze and quick kiss, Heather leaves and makes it to her car safely with no signs of danger. She arrives home safely and slowly drifts to sleep in her safe bed. The next morning Heather awakes at 6:12am to her annoying alarm on her phone, thinking "I feel like I slept for an hour, it can't be time to wake up already." She says a quick prayer asking God to give her the strength she needs to make it through the day. She puts on her "professional attire" consisting of a black skirt from Target, blue shirt from Old Navy and a pair of black shoes originally purchased for her friend Brianna's wedding. She then walks down the stairs, turns on the t.v. to the news channel. As she is eating her peanut butter and chocolate chip granola bar, "Breaking News" appears on the screen. The news annoncer says there was a drive by shooting at a gas station at 10:30 pm in south east Rochester. When Heather sees where the gas station is, her eyes widen. Erics apartment is only a short walk away from this gas station, less than a block away. The bangs were gun shots. What is this world coming to? Thankfully the person who was shot only had injuries on his hand. The end.

Eric and I finally finished reading Eragon, we have been reading this book together for several months and have been anxiously waiting to finish the book before seeing the movie. Sadly, the movie was totally not like the book. They took out very important parts of the book and changed things that couldnt be changed. No wonder the author walked of the set.

Action shot of one of Mom's Mother's Day presents. (My dad was holding his pose)

My wonderful mom and brother! My glasses are being stupid, so I look like a freak but whatev.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow- that is totally random that there was a drive-by shooting near you! I'm glad that you didn't get hurt. I was expecting to hear that the police knocked on Eric's door and wanted to question you about hearing gun-shots. haha- too bad.

Brianna said...

Wow, scary! Yikes. I keep wondering that too, what is the world coming too. I like how your blog was in a story format, heheh, fun to read.

Jackie said...

Nice story non-fiction story heather, have you thought about publishing it.

ps yo mommma is so pretty :)