Well as you may be aware, student teaching has begun. (Two weeks ago actually) My life has been pretty much non-stop action since then. It started with a big "Welcome Back to School" at Century with pretty much anyone who works for the schools in attendance along with the new superintendant. I saw lots of old teachers and since I couldnt find my teacher I ended up sitting with people I work with at SACC. The rest of the week was spent in meetings and training, along with setting up our wonderful classroom for the 2nd and 3rd graders. I'll have to take pictures sometime. Week two was last week and the students arrived, and everyday has flown by since then! Our school does NOT have air conditioning so our classroom was close to 90 degrees 3 days in row. Yuck! We took advantage of the air conditioned computer lab and library a few times. And ended up eating lunch in there with the other 2/3 teachers everyday. I'm sure everyone else was mad that they didnt think of that idea first haha. The teachers I work with are hilarious, I have had tears from laughing so hard a few times. They keep telling me not to write about this stuff in my weekly journals, and that they arent usually like this (which I dont believe). The kids in my class are adorable and I am already dreading that day in middle october when I have to leave them. Of course we have a couple obnoxious kids and some that struggle with things but they all have great things about them and unique personalities. I even had a girl from my class coming running up to me all excited at Bethel this morning saying "Hi Ms. T!!" I love it.
This weekend was my cousins wedding so Eric and I were there Friday night for rehearsal, with a big fiasco with the priest not wanting to say "you may kiss the bride" at the end, which ended up making my cousin cry because the priest had apparently "never done a wedding where he has said that" Whatev. They ended up kissing without the priest saying anything. How rude. I was an usherette and think I did a pretty good job. I got to sit at the head table and everything, how special. It was a fun time with family and of course sharing this all with Eric as well! Well I have so much to do hence the reason I dont write in my blog. Hope all is well and God bless!
1 comment:
I liked the pics of the wedding! Eric does a very good job at trying to fit in with your dad- hahah. Nice. Glad you are having fun student teaching- what a job! I love young people- they make me smile all the time. Miss you and good luck with teaching!
Post a Comment