Tuesday, March 04, 2008
First Day of Subbing
Twas my first day of subbing today! Wahoo more money! I was at Longfellow with 3rd graders from 8-12, only got paid a half day but oh well it was fun. The teacher I was subbing for had everything so laid out that it was easy to just step in. Of course I didn't know any of the kids or the school or any of the rules but I survived and the kids were great. They were a little chatty at times but I got them under control. And of course there are always a couple obnoxious kids but overall they were good, there were some cute hispanic girls in there too. I love having kids who are "perfect" they just follow everything I ask and answer questions....if only we lived in a perfect world. Haha my job would be boring if that were the case! I taught writing (learning about and writing editorials), grammar (adverbs and strong adjectives), math (fractions, yuck) and then we watched a video of Rochester Past and Present. The since they were good they earned a few minutes of Heads up Seven Up and a Straburst. Woot! Day 1-Success! Thank the Lord! I am still fighting a cold and since I'm constantly surrounded by sick kids and germs on everything I touch I am praying that I can get better and stay better!!! Well I have to go work with my 1st graders now. I got a yummy lunch in with Eric at China Star an orange, some chocolate chips and a nap...I think I'm good to go! Oh and some Sudafed. Have a great day! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i hated playing "heads up seven up"...kids always cheated, it drove me crazy.
Anyway I'm glad your first sub-job went well. Rick went to Longfellow, funny huh!
Sweet, yur a real teach now. I'm glad your first day went well, I like hearing about you and Casey's lil' adventures in subbing!
Post a Comment