First news of the blog...I passed the last test that I needed to get my teaching license! It was a math test and studying for it pretty much consumed my life for the last week or so; especially since I'm not the best at math. I took it at a testing center rather than the normal paper and pencil test. It was very quiet besides the occasional sniffle across the room, I had my own computer in a little cubicle. So the testing atmosphere was great. The computer started timing as soon as I had gotten through all instructions and I could choose to see or not to see how much time I had left all the way down to the second, which was good for pacing myself. I got my score as soon as time ran out, I got a score of 179 a score of 171 in Minnesota is a passing score! Woot! Last time I took it (4 years ago) I got 169, which is funny because I haven't taken a math class in a couple years. So now I am in the process of getting a full teaching license and applying for jobs! Pray that I find a job nearby!
Today was my last day working with After School Academy, we went bowling at Cololnial Lanes and the kids had a blast I will definitely miss them even if they gave me numerous headaches. We had parent night last night and my first graders sang a song and they did a great job, I am so proud. I have pictures of bowling but not of family night, hopefully the teacher I worked with will send them.
I've beem subbing a few times a week still and I subbed a half day with a group of kindergartners I've subbed for before. I am definitely not cut out to be a kindergarten teacher, they are way to whiny for me. I have a lot of patience but for some reason I can't handle this age. I mean I can make it through the day with out problems but its a struggle. I worked with a group of 4 kids in a room with no one else in there but us and one of the boys was yelling and causing the other three to get distracted and not get anything done. He kept saying how tired he was and how his dad woke him up early and he wanted to go to the nurse to sleep. I finally gave in and said, " you can't go to the nurse but if you're that tired then lay your head down on the table and sleep, but then you're going to miss out on the fun things we're going to be doing" He put his head down and 5 minutes later he was snoring. Sheesh. The teacher might be irritated that I let him do that but he wasnt learning because he was tired, the others weren't learning because he was yelling so yeah...
Kelsey's baby shower was fun, I love seeing all the cute baby stuff. It makes me want a baby, but don't worry it will be at least another year or two. Eric and I have a boy name and a girl name picked out already haha. We're funny. I can't wait to see Baby Chesney! I'm going to attempt to post pictures but it wasn't working earlier so we'll see!
1 comment:
I'm glad you passed your Test Heather, that's got to be a big relief. YOU GO GIRL !!!
Post a Comment