Well folks after looking at a billion different houses...we have a possibility! Over the last few months we've probably looked at 45-50 houses and thats not counting the many internet searches as well. I would have to say that 90% of those houses were in really bad shape and needed a lot of repairs and fixing up. We're all for painting and maybe even a little carpeting but when every room needs it...we can't really afford that. We've seen houses with terrible paint jobs...not only disgusting color choice but poor paint jobs. Carpets that look like they've never been vaccumed or cleaned. Windows with broken glass and (I kid you not) bullet looking holes. We've seen basements that obviously had a lot of flooding and weren't cleaned very well because there was mold on the walls. We've walked into houses that smelled like urine and a few that made me feel like I needed a shower after leaving. Other houses were so smoke filled that I probably smoked a couple packs of cigarettes just walking through the house. Houses in bad neighborhoods, on really busy streets, no garage, no appliances, no yard, terrible shingles...I'm sure there is more!
Well Saturday Eric did a search of houses online again (we've been doing this several times a day for a couple months) and a new listing popped up in our price range! He was really excited about it right away. (I was at a bridal shower so I found out through a text message.) Well since we've been disappointed several times before we expected to find something wrong with it when we went for a showing. We got there and were greeted by a very kind Hispanic man with a very cute little boy who immediately reached his arms up at me and wanted to be picked up. (I decided I shouldn't pick up some stranger's kid haha) The man so kindly showed us all the rooms and where the light switches are and everything. This family obviously took care of their house, good paint colors, nice carpet, finished basement, 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, 2 car garage, fenced in yard, nice size deck with a jacuzzi (yes it stays) which is surrounded by tall fencing so its private. Dishwasher, washer/dryer, garage door opener...wow. So of course we're thinking: "How is it possible that this is in our price range?? Is a gift from God?" The only thing we sort of didn't like about it was that the upstairs bedrooms had low ceilings which was fine with me but Mr. Gatz had only a few inches to spare haha. So yeah we fell in love with it right away... we will be going with my parents tonight to get their expert opinion.
There is always the possibility that something won't go through or the sellers won't accept our offer. So we're praying that God blesses us with a house that He wants us to have and that He knows we can manage. If this isn't the one we know there will be another. Your prayers are appreciated! :)

4 comments:
Cute house Heather, where is it? I hope all works out for you. You have a great attitude about the whole thing. Praying God's will for you and Eric in this very important decision.
Oh it's very cute! I like the color of it and it looks clean. I will certainly pray for you guys! Mom, Chris, and I stalked your house online and eventually found the listing and were able to look at the other pictures and see on a map where it is! Very cute! I want the jacuzi, heehee. I'm excited to see what happens, keep us posted. We'll help you move!
Stalkers! haha. Well the house is pretty much perfect for us, and my parents loved it as well. But there is a pretty big obstacle keeping us from making an offer on it. Something called a "Short Sale" hard to explain but its a long prcoess with lots of loop holes. (good thing its called a "short sale" sheesh) Eric and I love it so its hard to let it go, so keep praying!
Tou! Good news! I had a dream last night that you and Eric bought a house. Not. Even. Kidding. How weird is that? Anyway, I figure it has to be a sign that something great will be coming your way... keep us posted!
Post a Comment