Thursday, April 09, 2009

All I want is to be in the Light!

So I kind of lost the motivation to finish typing my thoughts in my last blog. So in conclusion: God is God and I am not. Since I can remember I have known God is with me, through everything in every trial and in every happy moment. He's there to comfort us when we're hurting and there to celebrate with us when we are full of joy. Sometimes I try to picture my life without God and my faith...and it just doesn't make sense. I can never see myself not believing in God. I can't imagine a life not serving Him, it just wouldnt be pretty. The world is full of so many nasty and sad things that its just not worth it! I don't really care that I'm "missing out" on things because I'm a Christian. God has so much more to offer, and His gift is eternal. The things the world has to offer are only temporary. Honestly, anyone who doesn't know Jesus, who hasn't felt His awesome presence and love; they are the ones who are missing out. If only we could show them! I always pray that God uses me somehow to show His light. Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough, but if I keep trusting Him and living holy and Godly I know that He's using me somehow and I don't even know how. Eric has a gift of being able to bring up God and church after only knowing someone for less than a week. He's been answering this guys questions for almost a month and now he is determined to get baptized and come to church. I don't quite have that gift...I know I could if the situation came up. But thats one good thing about being married, between the two of us we're able to reach out to so many people with our different and unique gifts. Of course we all have areas where we need inprovement and I am definitely not perfect. There are times where I feel like I've let God drift away, I 've let my busy schedule get in the way. He never leaves me, He's always there to pull me closer to Him when I need it most.

Ok..had enough spiritual talk? Haha sorry, things just flow when I start typing. In other news: Eric and I are doing well! Been married for over a year and still surviving haha. I have a tiny bit of baby fever but thats probably because Kelsey has adorable David, Brianna is due very soon, another friend due very soon and we just had 3 very cute girls born in our church within the last 9 months. They are so cute! Eric agrees, haha. But I think we're still planning on waiting until who knows when. Still trying to figure everything out that would go along with that. In the mean time we're enjoying each other's company and the freedom of doing things when we want. Eric also recently got promoted to a manager at Sampson Dairy, I am so proud of him for working so hard and for getting up at 5am every morning and working 12 hours and I rarely hear him complain. What a trooper. I worked all spring break at SACC, I was coughing and blowing my nose almost the whole time but I got paid! I am not back into the subbing thing, subbed a class with 29 3rd graders yesterday and we watched a video about owls because they are disecting owl pellets today. They all freaked out when they watched the owls eating the mice and when the owl hacked up the pellet. It was quite amusing. Anyhoo...I teach 4th grade in a half hour so I should wrap it up.

Keep the faith, God is always there!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I meant to saw "I am NOW back into the subbing thing" intead of NOT. Oops.

Casey said...

Haha...well, that's good because I was afraid you had given up on that! If you were down here, I would so have you sub in my class...the subs down here suck and makes me not want to be gone...EVER

Anonymous said...

I understand about the baby fever- I was like that before I had David. Kids are awesome when the time is right. Enjoy your time together with Eric now- it goes by so fast. see ya later today!