Well hello all you people,
My Saturday has consisted of the following so far: wake up at 9:00am (thats 3.5 hours later than my average work day) laying in bed until 9:30 whining about how I'm too comfy to get out of bed. Then i made chocolate chip muffins for breakfast (I know...so nutritious), (our Saturday meals are usually a late breakfast, snacks in the afternoon because Eric is at the prison until 2:00 and then an early supper.) After I sent Eric off to prison and cleaned up breakfast then I started the laundry (also a Saturday thing) while the laundry has been cooking I played Wii tennis and boxing. I am so sick of being trapped inside to exercise, I want to play tennis or soccer or something outside in the warmness!!! No more winter!
Work is going good, not as rewarding as teaching is but still great to build relationships with the kids and watch them change throughout the school year. A big thing with quite a few of the kids lately has been jump roping so they do that almost everyday and I try to join them as part of my exercise for the day. They are usually impressed at how good I am at it, especially in a skirt haha. There ain't no stopping this girl! :) Spring break is in a week, which doesn't really mean I get a break because I still work 30 hours that week, just at a different building with extra kids. In the last month I've had to train in two new staff which is something I've never done before so it's been interesting, not difficult because I've worked at SACC for so long, but interesting.
Eric and I have been having a Bible study at our house most Friday nights with a few high school/college people, so that has been fun because we have some great discussions and we all learn something. We also have been having a Bible study with a new couple at church (ok only once so far but we're trying to schedule another one soon) It's great watching the light bulb come on when going through the word of God, when people see what the Bible really says and that they can apply it to their life. I'm still teaching Sunday school to the pre-schoolers which is fun because it's an age group I don't usually work with and it's amazing how much they can change in a year or less. There is a boy and a girl that barely ever said anything to anybody and now I can have whole conversations with them. Pretty cool.
Well there ya have it...a blog update on my life. Sooooo exciting I know. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment