Hello folks, I've had some thoughts running around in my head for a couple weeks that ive been wanting to Blog about so let's see if I can remember everything and attempt to write it without making everyone fall asleep.
Forgiveness:
At the youth retreat at Ironwood Springs a few weeks ago I had this huge thought going through my head over and over. The thought that Jesus died for the forgiveness of every one of my sins before I was even born. He took the punishment I deserve on the cross. I know I've sinned so many times in my life and everytime I ask for forgiveness and repent, promising to never do it or think it again. And not very long after I sin again. Every single time He forgives me, without hesitation. It simply amazes me that He does that for me over and over and over again. If I were in the position to forgive someone that many times, I dont know if I'd be able to do it. Of course Jesus asks us to forgive, but dont you think it would be hard to forgive someone a million times? I am so thankful for a God who loves and forgives!
Heaven or Hell?
Last Friday at a youth service the sermon was about Hell. Not a very happy subject thats for sure. But he really got the point across. The Bible goes into lots of details about what hell will be like, and if you just sit and try to picture that or imagine the sounds that place will be filled with; its enough to bring me to tears thinking about all the lost souls. Its enough motivation to keep living for God and to tell as many people I can about my Savior! I know I want to spend eternity with Jesus in Heaven so I'm doing all I can to follow his commands and to live my life for Him!
Convictions:
So some of you may have noticed my change in dress and convictions. Please know that I am NOT doing this because of Eric. Yeah he did talk to me about it a lot, but honestly he made me realize why he thought this way. And you can ask him yourself, I was stubborn and argued with him A LOT. But everything Im doing is my own personal conviction. I dont really care that other people may think its stupid and not necessary. And also know that just because I where skirts doesnt mean I think any less of anyone for wearing pants. Its your choice and who am I to tell you that its wrong. If you ever want to know more please ask. And obviously since I've been going to this church for awhile my beliefs are a little different than most of you. I am totally up for explaining things to anyone who is curious, I dont want to argue though. We are all entitled to our own beliefs and we're all loving and serving the same God! I love Jesus just like you do!
Love:
I love Jesus above everyone and everything! Eric and I make sure we both know that Jesus is more important than each other, that His love comes first! I love my family and friends. I love Eric more and more everyday, which is pretty amazing since we've been dating for almost a year. You can only imagine the love God has for us, if His love grows for us everyday and never ceases; man thats a lot of love! And I thought being loved by my family and Eric was amazing.
Trust:
God has been testing me these days. I have needed to trust him more and more these days. Its not always easy, sometimes its just much easier to sit and worry about things or to feel sorry for myself. For example..I have no job. After I pay tuition next week I will be at about $75.00. Cant say that Ive ever been that low. I know God is watching out for me and that He will provide everything I need. Its a great feeling knowing that its all in His hands!

Random picture from Christmas at my house.
7 comments:
Amen too all of that and More my friend.
It's been amazing seeing you grow in your faith Heather, You certainly do have a heart for Jesus. God is soooo good isnt He. I'm just thankful that the Way we dress or wear our clothes does not make Jesus think more or less of us. It's how we present ourselves in our daily lives...wearing whatever clothes we are wearing, Hair up or down, make-up or no make up. It's all about the inside. I'm so glad my and your salvation isnt dependent on our outside appearance..Whew, thank you Jesus.
Thanks for sharing what's in your head,and heart. It's always a good thing to be refreshed with Gods greatness in whatever way we can throughout the day.
Hope you have a great rest of the week.
I'm gonna make a comment. I like you Heather- I like you a lot. I like hearing about your faith and the way that you love Jesus and stuff like that. I just want you to know that I don't give a crap how you dress and I don't know why you keep pointing that out. I think we all know by now that you decided to dress a little different. That's fine. I think if we were smart, we've probably figured out you did it because you wanted to and not because of Eric. That's all I gotta say. (I mean no offense, just this clothes stuff is getting to me. Can we talk about something else???)
Wow...um sorry? And im sure there are other people who read this that don't comment who are wondering. Not gonna lie but that kinda hurt. But the point of bringing it up was to make sure my friends know that i dont care what they wear...bad idea i guess.
Heather, it brought tears to my eyes reading your blog. You have a beautiful heart that clearly is held in God's hands. It's so overwhelming to think of God's love and forgiveness, I love to read about how it touches your life and it's good to be reminded of his forgiveness. His love and forgiveness never fails to overwhem me. It's refreshing to know that other people feel that too. Love you friend.
This is Big Daddy Tlougan. I have not become a blog guy yet, so this is a rare and special event.
A few thoughts...It is so cool being a Christian, and for that matter Jesus is cool. One of the coolest things is that he doesn't care what we look like or the clothes that we wear. I'm thnakfull for that, because due to my color blindness (not able to match outfits well) and my lack of hair, I fall short in the "Great Looking" category.
God looks inside, the truth is that he knows our thoughts, Jesus came to help us realize that we do not have to jump threw hoops to be a Christian or make him happy. He wants our heart, he wants us to spread the good news, he wants us to do his will and live his purpose for us. Because he knows our thoughts and can see the people that we are, our outside package just doesn't matter.
Wow, I'm so glad that Jesus came to clarify some of the Old Testament. He helped us to realize that our God is loving, forgiving, and just wants us. All we have to do is believe in Him.
I feel like I should end with an Amen so,
Amen
Andy, I completely concur, and Amen to that. :)
My thoughts exactly...Did you steal my comment???? :)
Heather I hope your feeling better, if you have anything Like I did I pity you...i'll pray :)
Post a Comment