Saturday, February 10, 2007

Update

So I had my student teaching interview Thursday morning. For those who dont know...we have to meet with the student teaching director to make sure she thinks we are ready to student teach. She is kind of an intimidating lady, I think its mostly because her job is a lot of work and its important to make sure shes not just sending who ever out to student teach. Before the interview I had to update and polish my resume, class list and my autobiography. I had to have those checked over and approved by my advisor before hand. I then had to print off 8 copies of those, thank goodness for using the schools paper and schools printers because that was like 45 pages of stuff. Then Thursday morning I got all dressed up, looking like a teacher and all. (thanks for the black sweater Brianna!) Left my apartment at approximately 8:25 and arrived at school like 20 minutes before my interview. I ended up waiting outside her office for most of the time cause she was in the middle of other things. I was kind of nervous because i've heard mixed things about how the interviews were going. It could either be really good or scary. She finally let me come into her office and took my coat and hung it up. The whole thing went great, she liked everything on my resume and my autobiography. She was like really excited that I had worked at SACC, Key Kids and swimming lessons. She was also amused that I was a 4H leader since Im a "city kid" haha. We also had to bring in a picture of ourselves and it was ok if other people were in the picture so of course I brought in a picture of Eric and I, she said she recognized him and then she found out he was from South Dakota. We talked about my last name and the Tlougan-Rusco building across the street. She even asked if me and this south dakota boy are serious. haha. So yeah the whole thing went great! She is pretty confident that I will be student teaching in Rochester, which is great because then I dont have to commute everymorning while living at home. I guess I was really lucky and caught her in a good mood because not everyone I've talked to has had such a great experience. Go me! Thank you Jesus for being there with me too! Ok thats all...

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Hut, I don't think you caught her in a good mood, I think all your great credentials and such put her in a good moood! Yay!!! I'm glad it went so well. I loled that she brought up the Tlougan-Rusco building, you must get that a lot, muahahahhahahahHAHAHH. Let's play soon! I work this weekend though...puh.

Anonymous said...

YAY HUT! I'm glad your interview went well. That would be really intimidating- interviewing with a person who had to critique if you are good enough to interview for student teaching- or however that goes. I would probably faint on the floor and she would have had to do CPR and then tell me that I wasn't good enough. lol.
I'm glad that you also get to do your student teaching in Rochester! Do you have any idea where yet? Like- elementary or middle school??? I'm so excited for you! you are getting all grown up and off to the real world. you will be a great teacher b/c God has given you that gift- unlike me! hehehe. I am the worst! Love you and good luck!

Heather said...

If I student teach in Rochester the split your time between an early elementary classroom and and an upper elementary/middle school classroom. So I could be in Kindergarten the first half then 8th grade the 2nd half haha that would be funny.

Anonymous said...

that would be funny. You would definetly get a good wide base then wouldn't you? hehehe.

Jackie said...

I saw you today :)