Sorry its been so long...please forgive me! I cant believe its August already, time sure flys by when you're busy and having fun! I wish I could share more stories with everyone but sadly I am procrastinating at the moment so I need to make this short.
My temporary job is coming to an end, which is very sad. Summer school with the first graders the last 4 weeks have been a blast, I will miss them dearly. They are all so cute and caring, espesially when I hurt my shoulder. They were all very excited to see that I wasnt wearing my immobilizer any more last week. I felt like a teacher, helping them to read words like "bed" "hat" and "the". Making necklaces out of fruit loops to work on patterns, making skittles graphs, learning how to tell time and count money. Singing songs every morning which usually got stuck in my head for the remainder of the day and reading those huge books. Oh the fun.
I still have one more day at Boys and Girls Club on Monday, because I missed a day last week. I have grown to love some of the kids there and it hurts to know that they will miss me. I have a gathering of about 5 girls that follow me just about every where, most of the time they arent all there at the same time; but one day this week there were 3 of them with me and they started arguing with each other about who was going to sit next to me and who was going to help me finish my word search. Sheesh. Today one of the girls and I put together 2 puzzles, the 2nd one took us about 2 hours to finish we were starting to go crazy but we had to finish it! It was a 300 piece puzzle of Noahs Ark. I enjoy working with these kids because I am trying my best to be a role model for them teaching them how to treat others and how to react in certain situations. I'll probably make a couple stops back there to see them sometime.
Other news:
My shoulder is doing good, I can pretty much rotate it how ever I want although it cracks everyonce and a while, which is kinda scary. Part of my bone chipped off when it was dislocated but apparently its not a big deal. I am thankful that it healed so quickly, the doctor was very impressed with how good it was doing.
I will be leaving for Charolette, NC next Tuesday at like 6am for North American Youth Congress. (clickyclicky) We are taking a bus and driving all night, yikes, and will be back on the 11th or 12th. I'm gonna be tired cause I cant sleep on busses, at least I'll have my wonderful fiance next to me with a shoulder as a pillow.
Tomorrow, Saturday, I am taking 2 of the tests I need to take to get my teachers license. It starts at 7:30 which means I need to leave at extremely stupid o'clock.
My brother leaves for college next week as well for drumline try outs. Sad.
I think thats about it for now, hope everyone is happy and healthy! I like comments and phone calls!
Heres a link to our youth blog if you're looking for another blog to use as a distraction: http://www.blog.nitrogenpraise.com/
The cripple wearing her lovely Summer VISTA shirt.
Candid pictures are much more fun...this is on the 4th.
3 comments:
Yay, you updated!!! I was hoping! I'm glad your shoulder is better and that you're liking your job. Have fun on you little vacation and I hope your tests go well tomorrow! Bummer about getting up at stupid o'clock, grrr. I need to see you soon!
Nice update Heather. Glad to hear your shoulder is healing, I wish it wouldnt crack...yikes.
Good luck on your tests, and have fun at the youth thingy.
Hey Hut! Hope your tests went well today- I know you passed because you are smart like that :) Glad your shoulder is doing better, and have fun in NC!
Post a Comment